As we continue to improve the accessibility of Beehively features, a new format for My Info has been implemented. Keep reading to find out more!
My Info is now shown as a tab, making it more accessible to the user. The main components of the user’s account will be housed here, provided in two sections.
- My Profile will take you to your personal info page. From there, you can edit contact information, email, memberships, your password and much more.
- Your children’s profiles will be listed beneath yours. You are able to access their information and update emergency contact information, medical notes, contact information and more.
- Sign up for Events leads to the events sign up feature. Here, you are able to access events and sign up as a volunteer.
- Submit Volunteered Hours allows you to access the volunteered hours entry feature. Here, you will log the hours for events worked.
- Give Feedback provides a field for you to submit feedback straight to the school, which school administrators can view within Beehively.
- Find Help will take you to Beehively’s support line, available 24/7 to address any questions or concerns.
- Logout allows you to sign out of your account.
Viewing your volunteer hours has also been simplified. Access “Submit Volunteered Hours” and you will be able to view all of your current hours per category, along with a grand total of submitted hours.
Please contact support with any questions or concerns, we are available 24/7 at email@example.com!
As we progress through the school year, we are continuing to improve Beehively to better your experience come report card time. Our most recent update is the inclusion of classroom-specific legends. This allows you to have separate report card legends for each grade, if you wish. Let’s take a look at this new feature and how it works.
Access Administration, Grades/Reports and choose Settings. Here, you will see a new tab for “Report Legends.” The first item you will see is a field for an overall schoolwide legend.
Scroll down to see the per class legends. Here, you may edit or delete existing legends and add new class legends.
Let’s see how to add a new class legend. First, Add a title for your legend. Enter the legend into the provided field. The editor offers tools such as tables, bold font and alignment.
Select which classrooms will be assigned this legend. If the classroom you wish to select is not listed, this means there is already a legend assigned to that class. Review the legends page to check. Remember to save!
Your legend will now be listed, you may edit or delete the legend at any time.
Please contact our firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with legends, we are always happy to help!
Do you have photos you want to share on your class or group page? Add photos to a Picasa Web Album, which can be embedded in an Announcement or your Spotlight section.
Visit https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/myphotos. If you are directed to your Google+ account, click the notification to return to Picasa web albums.
To begin, upload your photos to a new album.
Click the album to get the embed code. Select “Link this Slideshow” then choose “Embed Slideshow.”
Set the slideshow options. Medium is the recommended size, we also recommend turning autoplay on. Turning captions on will display your unique captions per image as the slideshow plays. Copy the embed code once you complete selecting options.
Access Beehively and choose to add a new announcement, spotlight or welcome message. From the text entry screen, select “Insert Video.”
Paste the code into the provided field and select insert. Review your announcement to be sure the embedded material is there. You can now post your slideshow!
View your post on your class page to verify everything looks as you would like. Any photos you add to the embedded Picasa album will be added to your slideshow automatically. Contact email@example.com with any questions about adding photo slideshows, we are always happy to help!