Welcome back! We hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing summer and your school year is off to a great start.
Here at Beehively we have been hard at work at a series of improvements and new features to our software. So while we hope you enjoyed a relaxing three day weekend, we have prepared our first big release of the school year. When you come back on Tuesday, Beehively will look a bit different! Keep reading to learn more about all the changes or click here to watch a video on the updates.
Now you are probably wondering, just how different is it? Well, we are excited to share with you some of our favorite updates!
Features YOU Asked For!
First – we have to thank you for all the wonderful suggestions and feedback you provide – it makes our software better. So we applaud you for sharing these great ideas, and we are excited to introduce you to the newest Beehively features.
- Mobile Friendly: Tired of trying to navigate Beehively on your small iPad or iPhone screen, Beehively is now built with a responsive design which makes your mobile experience exponentially better. This does mean that a few things have moved, most notably the left hand menu and column have been relocated on the page.
- People Search: You can now search the People section of Beehively with two fancy new search options – this will save administrators valuable time. In addition, you can save your searches and use them over and over!
- The keyword search allows you to search by: First name, Last Name, Email, Primary phone for directory, voice numbers, text numbers, memberships, person id, prefix, suffix, relatives, type, classroom, address
- The filters allow you to select groups by user type, membership, groups and classrooms
- Holiday Bulk Attendance: Have you ever had to mark “Holiday” for all students? Well, you won’t anymore! You can now upload all school holidays and attendance will automatically mark “holiday” in all student attendance records.
- File Folder Structure: Is your Files page looking a bit cluttered? Get ready to change that! You can now add multiple files in one entry, allowing you to customize a folder structure. Our support team is ready to help you navigate this new feature!
- Multiple User Views: We always hear “What do parents see?” – well, now we can set you up with a sample parent account that you can toggle to at any time. Contact our support team to help get this account set up!
What is even more exciting than these new features is knowing that there is actually so much more in this release! Below you will find a complete list of all the updates.
What’s new in Beehively
- View family members by relation on My People
- Layout for communication pages has been updated to be mobile friendly
- Streamlined the ability for staff and administrators to add content from one place
- Updated people page
- Pinned items are now more prominent on the homepage
- The homepage now features a feed with all new announcements, calendar events, spotlights, etc.
- Menu navigation has been simplified
- Rotating spotlights now appear on the homepage
- Homepage and classroom feed filter options
- Easier to edit/delete spotlights
- Filter for multiple files
- My Profile layout simplified
- Remembers login for 60 days
- Error message more clear in People pages
- Changes made to fields in “People edit” page
- Login to multiple schools with one username
- Administration menu changes
- External Links removed – need to add them in another area, contact support
- Spotlights can expire
- Easier to edit spotlights, announcements and principal messages
- Principal messages now go through the approval process
- Type ahead search
- Contacts have been adjusted and simplified
- Medical fields have been added
- Introduction of a cumulative folder
- Updated Profile tab names
What is Gone
- External Links are no longer available on the homepage or classroom pages. Don’t worry though, there are some new, awesome places to put those links. Contact email@example.com for help on getting these added back to your page!
Looking for a virtual tour of the updated system? Please take a few minutes to watch our walkthrough video!
We hope you had relaxing three day weekend – and we can’t wait to hear your feedback on all the new changes. We look forward to hearing from you – remember you can email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time!