It is hard to believe that the start of school has passed and we are quickly approaching the first report cards! It has been a while since the last time you ran these reports so we thought we would share a few tips to make sure that you are ready to go this year!
We know you have a lot on your plate so we wanted to offer to help in a few ways:
- We will send out 3 tip sheets over the next week so you have material to reference when you set up your reports.
- You can sign up here for a 30 minute phone call with our report card support team so we can personally make sure you are ready to go!
- You can find answers to the most popular report card questions here.
Tip Sheet #1: Understanding the “Grades Visibility Tab”
It is easy to forget that many report card settings are found under the Administration tab – not directly in your gradebook. Let’s walk through this section together to make sure you fully understand all your options!
- Click on the “Administration Tab” and then select “Grades/Reports”.
- Choose “Settings” from the upper right hand corner and select the “Grade Visibility” tab.
- The first section of this page allows a school to control what grades are visible for parents to view. If you scroll down you will find the all school report settings detailed below:
1. If your attendance isn’t showing on report cards, just check this box.
2. If you would like to round grades to the nearest whole number, uncheck this box.
3. Here you can control if you show or hide end of year attendance total.
4. You can hide or show your end of year scores here.
5. Add any name to your report card in this field – also a great place to add the date or grading period.
6. “Academic Achievement” is the default name of the first table. You can adjust the name here if your school chooses.
7. “Character Development” is the default name of the second table. You can adjust the name here if your school chooses.
8. The third table is only used in Standards Based Reporting.
9. Schools can choose to show or hide GPA here.
10. Schools have the ability to show or hide signature lines for parents, principal, and teacher.
Keep in mind that the settings on this page are all schoolwide and will change everyone’s reports.
If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com or sign up for a 30 minute phone support session here.
The Beehively Team