Here at Beehively, we work with your school to help ensure your students are safe online. With the online world today’s students live in, it is important to filter their access to the web during school hours. Here is a summary of how Beehively can help your school filter inappropriate content.
Did you know? You have multiple options to block inappropriate images and other content even when using a free device management system or older devices.
- Encourage students to use a safe search engine such as KidzSearch. This type of search engine is highly filtered, preventing students from accidentally running across inappropriate content.
- Enforce Login to Chrome browser and block access to other browsers. The Chrome browser allows administration to set safe search on student profiles and monitor student activity.
- If your iPads are older and cannot run the latest operating systems, filtering content will be very difficult. The latest operating systems support more options for filtering and monitoring student usage.
For additional options and features, you can expand filtering with paid filtering services.
- At Beehively, we are constantly researching and adjusting our recommendations for paid content filtering to take advantage of the most complete and “safe” system. We are always willing to work with schools on their individual needs. If you are interested in more information regarding additional paid filtering services, please let us know.
- Like all solutions, content filtering is not a 100% fail-safe and cannot replace the diligence and support of teachers in the classroom. Some of these options do restrict content that your teachers may want to access.