Ever wish you could make your screen a little bigger or share your music, movies, and photos on your TV? Look no further than Apple AirPlay!
AirPlay is the built in functionality in Apple devices that helps you mirror your screen on a bigger display and stream audio in external speakers using Apple TV. In order to set up AirPlay, you will need an iPhone/iPad/MacBook and an Apple TV. With these Apple products, you can then follow these 5 simple steps to get the most out of your AirPlay experience!
- Make sure that both your Apple TV and iPad/iPhone or MacBook are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Next, find AirPlay in the control center icon on your iPhone/iPad or on the top right corner of the menu bar for MacBooks.
- Once you’ve found AirPlay, choose your Apple TV from the list of the Apple TVs that appear in the dropdown menu when you select the AirPlay icon.
- When connecting to an Apple TV for the first time, you will receive a code which you will then enter into your Apple device. Once you’ve done this initial setup once, you should then be able to connect to your Apple TV without a code simply by selecting it from that dropdown menu. After you select your Apple TV, your AirPlay is set up and you will see your screen appear on the TV. Your every move on your screen will now be mirrored on the larger screen of the TV to share with others.
- Once you want to stop mirroring your screen through AirPlay, you simply go back to the AirPlay icon and deselect your Apple TV.
We hope you find AirPlay efficient, useful, and easy to setup whether it’s in your classroom or at home!