We want our teachers to be able to use their grade books to their fullest potential so we put together some quick guidelines to get the most out of this tool!
- The overview screen acts as your editable web view of the report card. Here you can view or override the subject grade and enter marks for each skill/standard.
- The subject grade is generated based on assignment scores, OR can be manually entered on this overview page.
- Click in the grade/mark box to pull up the scores from the selected grade definition.
- From the subject page, select “New Assignment”
- Enter in the assignment details, select the maximum points and category
- Use item level scoring to grade by the number of items
- Use the bulk assign option to assign the same score to all students
- Add to Homework Calendar to also post this to your Homework Calendar
- Use your keyboard to enter scores and see the student’s overall grade immediately recalculate
Adding and Removing Students
- Click the triangle next to the subject name to access all subjects for the class
- Click “Edit” to access the subject edit page
- To remove students from this subject, click the minus sign next to their name from the “Students” tab
- Click “Add Students” to select additional students from this class, or select a different class to add students from another homeroom
- Click the plus sign to add the students
- Don’t forget to SAVE!
Categories and Weighting
- Add the categories you use right to your subjects on the subject edit page
- Use your predefined categories, or type in your own
- Use weights to adjust your grading by category, or just use the categories to sort assignments
- Assigning a weight tells the system how to weight the assignments in that category
- Weights must total 100
We hope you find these informative as you individualize your grade books to what you need for your classes and students!
Still have questions? No problem-contact us at email@example.com or (888) 851-4879 and we would be happy to help!