New feature alert! We are excited to reveal our updated report distribution feature that has a clearer layout with better visuals and resend buttons that are easier to maneuver. You can access our support document for all the details of this new feature here and read below for a few highlights!
- “Bulk Reporting” will have you select your desired classroom, report type, and academic period and once you choose those filters, just hit “Send Report”.
- Reports send out within 20 minutes, sometimes even 10 minutes but depending on the email client of the parent, the time can differ. You can monitor this process through the dashboard.
- The dashboard allows you to view different statuses-via a bar graph- that explain different details such as how many reports have sent, how many have been opened, how many were posted, etc. This will give you information about who has opened the report or if there were any issues sending or receiving the report.
Our aim is always to make our system more user friendly and efficient for your needs- especially when it comes to communicating with parents. Let us know your thoughts and if you come across any issues not answered in our support document, feel free to contact the Beehively support team!
We want our teachers to be able to use their grade books to their fullest potential so we put together some quick guidelines to get the most out of this tool!
- The overview screen acts as your editable web view of the report card. Here you can view or override the subject grade and enter marks for each skill/standard.
- The subject grade is generated based on assignment scores, OR can be manually entered on this overview page.
- Click in the grade/mark box to pull up the scores from the selected grade definition.
- From the subject page, select “New Assignment”
- Enter in the assignment details, select the maximum points and category
- Use item level scoring to grade by the number of items
- Use the bulk assign option to assign the same score to all students
- Add to Homework Calendar to also post this to your Homework Calendar
- Use your keyboard to enter scores and see the student’s overall grade immediately recalculate
Adding and Removing Students
- Click the triangle next to the subject name to access all subjects for the class
- Click “Edit” to access the subject edit page
- To remove students from this subject, click the minus sign next to their name from the “Students” tab
- Click “Add Students” to select additional students from this class, or select a different class to add students from another homeroom
- Click the plus sign to add the students
Categories and Weighting
- Add the categories you use right to your subjects on the subject edit page
- Use your predefined categories, or type in your own
- Use weights to adjust your grading by category, or just use the categories to sort assignments
- Assigning a weight tells the system how to weight the assignments in that category
- Weights must total 100
We hope you find these informative as you individualize your grade books to what you need for your classes and students!
Still have questions? No problem-contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (888) 851-4879 and we would be happy to help!